Surf Camp Host
Location: Algarve, Portugal
Company: Tiny Whale Surf
We are entering our 5th season and we can't wait to open our Lodge doors to fantastic guests from all over the world. We are looking for talented, passionate and hard-working people to join our incredible team!
Tiny Whale is one of the leading surf and activity holiday providers in Europe and offers staff challenging job roles as well as the opportunity to develop their experience and skills whilst working in beautiful surroundings and a friendly and supportive atmosphere.
As a business, we pride ourselves on providing the right experience for all customers, working as a team and building honest, respectful, and encouraging relationships as well as working hard and playing hard!
Please email us with a CV and Cover Letter, stating which job you are applying for in the Subject.
We receive many applications, we hope to get back to you within 4 weeks if your application has been successful.
Information regarding salary and employment conditions will be discussed at interview stage.
SURF LODGE HOST
This job would suit an individual looking to develop their experience in the hospitality and leisure industry as well as those looking to grow their hospitality, sales and customer service experience and work as part of a dynamic, flexible, active and sociable team.
To maintain efficient day to day running of serving breakfast, dinner and keeping the villa clean, tidy and well presented at all times. Deliver excellent customer service.
1st of March - Mid November
Food & Beverage
• Set up and serve breakfast
• Set up and serve dinner
• Serving wine
• Stock control and filling up beverages
• Keeping all areas of Food & Beverages clean at all times
• Cleaning and maintaining the Lodge to high standard
• Preparing rooms for check in
• Customer Experience
• Check-in’s and check-out’
• Selling a wide range of customer activities & tours
• Customer liaison and socialising
• Answering customer questions
• Dealing with customer complaints
• Hosting, meals and nights out
Communicates effectively throughout the villa, with guests, within the team and with the manager.
• Driving Licence
• Customer Service/Sales experience
• Fluent in English
• Graduate Qualification in the hospitality & tourism sector
• Chalet, Hotel or Restaurant experiences
• Worked or lived abroad
• Additional Language/s
Key Personal qualities required
• Highly sociable
• Able to work effectively as part of a team
• Is self-motivated, works at pace and enjoys delivering results
Key Technical skills required
• Customer insight
• Commercial awareness
• Sales tools
• Some surf and outdoor activity knowledge
• Communication skills